Medical Imaging of Fredericksburg provides MRI exams with ACR accreditation. Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) is a sophisticated technology that provides cross-sectional images of the anatomy. Physicians can use these detailed images to help identify and diagnose a variety of conditions. MRI does not use x-rays (ionizing radiation).
1.5T MRI systems and true open MRI are offered at multiple locations. Available magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) exams include:
o Shoulder, elbow, wrist, hand, finger
o Hip, knee, ankle, foot
o Brain, including skull base and cranial nerve evaluation
o Orbits, face, neck
• Abdomen – including MRCP
• Cardiac – evaluation of cardiac masses, viability, ARVD
• Fetal MRI
• Breast MRI with CAD
• Specialized exams can be tailored for any soft tissue mass or pathology
In addition to the 1.5 MRI systems offered at Medical Imaging of Fredericksburg and Medical Imaging of North Stafford, Medical Imaging at Lee’s Hill offers patients the true open MRI. This new technology offers many advantages:
• The 1.0 tesla magnet allows for faster, more accurate scans than conventional open MRI systems.
• As a true open MRI, it reduces the feelings of anxiety some patients may feel in the enclosed spaces of a traditional MRI.
• The quality of the images provided makes our true open MRI ideal for orthopaedic, neurological, abdominal, pelvic and angiography (MRA) exams.
• It can comfortably accommodate patients up to 550 pounds.
• Family members and caregivers have easier access to children who may require scanning – providing an added level of comfort.
• It is convenient for senior patients and others with limited mobility.
1.5T MRI systems are available at the following locations:
Medical Imaging of Fredericksburg
(Fredericksburg Ambulatory Service Building on the Mary Washington Hospital Campus)
1201 Sam Perry Blvd.
Fredericksburg, VA 22401
Monday–Friday | 6:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Medical Imaging of North Stafford
125 Woodstream Blvd.
Stafford, VA 22556
Monday-Friday | 6:00 a.m.–8:00 p.m.
True Open MRI is available at the following location:
Medical Imaging at Lee’s Hill
10401 Spotsylvania Ave.
Fredericksburg, VA 22408
Monday–Friday | 6:30 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Medical Imaging of Fredericksburg facilities offer patients, and their physicians, the full range of medical imaging services available today. Our services are interpreted by board-certified radiologists trained in every subspecialty of our profession, assisted by caring, experienced staff who are committed to quality care of our patients.
To schedule an MRI or open MRI at one of our Medical Imaging of Fredericksburg facilities, call 540-741-XRAY (9729).